If you’d like to begin a career in digital marketing, learning to create high performing campaigns and deliver amazing results, this could be for you.
Duoplus is a thriving digital marketing agency based in Hamilton.
We have a graduate/entry-level position open for someone to join our fast-paced digital marketing agency as a Junior Digital Marketing Specialist. Ideally, you will already have some practical experience in digital marketing (e.g. have a little experience with Google Ads, Facebook ads, video editing or building a basic website) or be able to demonstrate that you have an interest in marketing and a strong ability to learn technical skills.
Firstly, here’s a little bit about Duoplus:
Based in Hamilton, Duoplus has built a reputation for producing impressive and highly measurable results for our clients in lead generation and online sales. In short, we help our clients win online, so their businesses thrive.
Our main services are Google Ads campaigns, Facebook campaigns and SEO. We love bringing the worlds of clever marketing and data together, to provide our clients with high performing campaigns that grow their businesses.
We work with a wide range of companies across New Zealand – from local businesses to nationwide brands, plus some international campaigns. Across all our campaigns the defining factor we bring is measurable results.
Here’s a glimpse of the role:
The primary focus of this role is running strong Google Ads campaigns, and you will learn a wide variety of digital marketing essentials that surround those campaigns. You will be provided full hands-on training and will work closely with our Head of Ads to carry out marketing tasks, including:
- Setting up, analysing and optimising Google Ads campaigns
- Using tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and reporting software.
- Create new landing pages, including writing content and building pages in our landing page system.
- Email Marketing – Design, execution, and scheduling of all email marketing.
- Social media ad campaigns – including Facebook and Instagram.
- Video editing for social media
- Website content editing
- Communicating directly with clients
The role requires excellent writing skills and perfect grammar, combined with strong analytical ability and the talent to pick up new technical skills quickly. You’ll be working in a team that is responsible for delivering real, measurable results for a wide range of clients.
To succeed in this role you must demonstrate strong attention to detail, be a self-driven learner and show us that you’re someone who thrives on a challenge.
This role is a full-time role, based in our Hamilton office.
Here are a few reasons why you will love life at Duoplus:
- We’re a tight-knit team who are passionate about giving our best and delivering results for clients. You get to enjoy a team environment of like-minded peers.
- We place huge importance on constantly learning and improving. As a junior, we will be intentionally developing your skills quickly.
- Every fortnight we enjoy a team lunch out and Duoplus covers the bill.
- Our modern commercial office is based in The Tech Hub, in Pukete/Te Rapa. There’s no stress with parking – we have some company parks, and there’s free street parking right outside our office.
Tips for how to stand out
As this is a graduate/entry-level position, it is not essential that you have experience before applying for this role. So here are some tips for the type of things that could show us that you might be a contender for this role:
- Good school and/or University results
- Qualifications in Marketing, Digital Marketing or Communications, including Google Ads certifications
- Internships or voluntary work that included marketing tasks
- Experience with Google or Facebook advertising
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify or other website systems
- Experience with video editing, especially for social media
- Examples of where you’ve learnt technical skills (does not have to be digital marketing related)
- Transferrable marketing skills or experience, such image editing, social media, video production or editing, analytical skills, coding, email campaigns, etc.
- Remember to make sure your CV and cover letter demonstrate your attention to detail.
Interested? Here’s how to apply.
Firstly, to apply for this role you must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
If this role sounds like a perfect fit for you, click the “Apply Now” button. Complete the online application and attach your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this role. (Please make sure you upload your cover letter and CV as a PDF.)